Approximate Paint Quantities· These quantities are recommended for very
textured surfaces; smoother surfaces will use less paint.
· Stencils are setup with a paint by numbers
Color Qty Green 1 gallon Yellow 1 gallon Pink 1 gallon Orange 1 gallon White Spray Paint 4 cans
Color Qty Yellow 1/2 gallon Pink 1/2 gallon Green 1 gallon Purple 1 gallon Orange 1/2 gallon Blue 1 quart White Spray Paint 4 cans
Color Qty White 1 qt.
SPECIAL NOTICE1) Do not use a discount store paint. Purchase a paint from a major paint store. Ask for a recommended paint. Also ask for a discount, most stores will give a discount the paint is for a school project.
2) Use a high quality gloss or semi gloss latex water based paint.
-Fuller O' Brien:
-True Value Hardware:
3) Before doing the transfer be sure the weather is not windy or rainy. If you think wind may pick up, take along four to six 2x4' s to help lay down stencil when you are taping it.
4) The only dots on USA stencil that need to be connected are the small New England States and with the World stencil only the small countries in Europe need to be connected.
5) If a concrete surface less than two years old is being used for the stencil you will need to use a Primer-Sealer. Ask your paint dealer for the best type of sealer for your paint.
6)With new asphalt let it cure for at least one month before painting.
7) Do not use a top sealer after painting.
8)Be sure surface is clean and dry. Paint will not stick to dirt, sand, loose gravel.